Feel like a fresh, quick, easy yet scrumptious pizza?
Making pizza dough from scratch can be quite time consuming especially when it’s a day where you just want to relax and take it easy. Instead, grab some pitta bread and top it up with your favourite toppings and pop it in the oven – it’s as simple as that.
One of my favourites is jerk bbq chicken, it’s so delicious – Tangy and a bit spicy. It has a few more steps, but it’s worth it. I’ve made this once using frozen pizza bases but it didn’t taste nice at all – the base that is, and pitta bread worked out great. For this jerk bbq chicken recipe, I like to marinate the meat overnight so is can soak up the flavours, then cook the meat in a pan and top it on the pitta bread and within 15minutes, you’re ready to eat!
So, what do you think? Let’s start cooking!
Makes 3 pizzas
- 3 pieces of pitta bread
- Levi Roots Caribbean Barbecue Sauce / Jerk sauce
- 1 Chicken breast
- Half of an small onion
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- Mozzarella /cheddar cheese
- Dry / fresh herbs – coriander, oregano, basil
- Chop up the chicken into small cubes about 1cm big
- Slice the onions thinly
- Add both into a bowl with one teaspoon of minced garlic and some black pepper
- Stir in the jerk bbq sauce until the chicken is covered
- Give it a good mix, and cover the bowl with cling film and place in the fridge overnight
- After marinated overnight, heat a pan until hot
- Cook the chicken and caramelise the onions, throw in a little bit of coriander, once done scoop into a bowl
- Preheat the oven to 180c
- Spread jerk bbq sauce on top of each pitta bread until one side is completely covered
- Grate some cheese on top of each pitta bread
- Add some of the chicken and onions, sprinkle a little bit of oregano and basil on top
- Finally, grate some more cheese and they’re ready to go in the oven!
- Place the pizzas into the oven and cook for 15 minutes
- Ready to serve and munch away!