Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and for me, i can easily get bored of eating the same repetitive things. At the same time, the last thing i want to do is spend a long time preparing food in the kitchen after just rolling out of bed. I love cooking, but just not so early in the morning before work, weekends is fine though! I like something that can be quickly whipped up, yet filling enough.
Here’s a super easy recipe that i’ve been having as one of my breakfast options, it’s full of healthy omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins and a high protein count. In a few minutes, you’ll have a delicious fiber filled breakfast that’s rich enough to keep you going for the morning and kick start your day on a healthy high note.
Half of an avocado diced
6 cherry tomatoes
Herbs of your choice
Sprinkle of milled flaxseed (optional)
1. Boil eggs, depending how you like it cooked – here I cooked mine for 6-7 minutes
2. Run the eggs under cold water, peel and slice
4. Dice up the avocado, and slice the cherry tomatoes
5. Combine chopped eggs with the diced avocado and tomatoes in a small bowl
6. Top off with garnishes of herbs of your choice, here I used coriander
7. You can also sprinkle some flaxseeds on top for extra health benefits!